India is a tropical country so summer can be very painful here. In most parts of the country, it’s very hot and humid. It is very important that you keep your body properly hydrated during the season. The best way to do that is by having some summer fruits. It will not only boost your energy but also reduce the amount of tiredness and fatigue from your body. Having summer fruits will certainly keep your body hydrated and cool. Let’s check out the best and healthy summer fruits, which you can have to fight the heat.
1. Watermelon: Watermelon is cheap and a great source of Vitamin A and C. It also contains Vitamin B6 and potassium, which maintains the water level in a human body. It prevents sunstroke and cancer along with improving the heart health.
2. Mango: You will find many people in the country who like summer only for the seasonal fruit, mango. It’s called the king of fruits enriched with fibre, vitamins, and 20 minerals. The fruit is also very good for digestion.
3. Papaya: Another great fruit to have during summer. Papain is a component found in Papaya, which is very good for gastrointestinal health. Enriched with Vitamin A and C, folate, and various phytochemicals, Papaya also prevents cancer, skin damage, and heart diseases.
4. Guava: Known as a very important fruit for weight loss, Guava is also good for diabetic and blood sugar patients. Guava also improves eyesight, mental health, and metabolism.
5. Grapes: One of the most easily available fruits in summer, grapes has high antioxidants and is very rich in potassium. Grapes keep the heart healthy and boost the brain health. They are also helpful in fighting brain cancer.
6. Pineapple: The fruit salad made by pineapple brings life to your summer. They are known for boosting the metabolism and boosting the inflammation. Pineapple also helps in regulating hypertension and burning the calories
7. Litchi: For their juicy taste, Litchis are loved all across the world. Enriched with potassium, polyphenols, and vitamins, litchis help in boosting immunity, prevent cancer, and reduce inflammation.
8. Wood Apple (Bael): This is one of the summer fruits of India; premierly know for the Bael Sharbat. It has tannin, which is good for treating diseases like diarrhea and cholera. It also contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, and C. It’s a natural remedy for constipation.
9. Cucumber: Cucumber is in reality not a fruit but considered to be a fruit in India. They are 95% water so they are very good for hydration in the summers. You can have it as a salad by just adding a little bit black salt to it.
10. Mosambi (Sweet Lime): Mosambi is rich with Vitamin C which helps in treating Scurvy and also boosts the immune system. This is also a healthy alternative for the carbonated drinks. You can make limeade from a Mosambi juice which is very helpful in treating sunstroke. Mohit Goel also include dry fruits in his daily life.